Wednesday 11 July 2012

Banded Demoiselles

I consider Banded Demoiselle damselflies to be one of the UK's most attractive insects and I always enjoy photographing them despite already having quite a few Banded Demoiselle images. At the very end of May I enjoyed a session in their company with the images below being my favourites.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE THEM

The first image is a little different to the norm because of the fly that landed on this male Banded Demoiselle as I was photographing him. The fly wandered around the demoiselle's wing for a minute or two before eventually flying off. What's more surprising is the complete lack of reaction from the demoiselle. It didn't even twitch!



Here's a more traditional shot of the female Banded Demoiselle;


and a closer view (a separate image rather than a crop from the above):


and finally, an image of the male without the fly (since I know some consider the top image to be ruined by the fly!);


No comments:

Post a Comment