Wednesday 12 September 2012

BWPA 2012

I'm very pleased to say that my image below has been Highly Commended in the 2012 British Wildlife Photography Awards (BWPA). The image is of a Brown Hawker dragonfly taken early in the morning with a fisheye lens. It features in the 'Habitat' category of the competition.

These awards are a great showcase of both British wildlife and British wildlife photography and I'm looking forward to attending the awards ceremony next week. My image will feature in the BWPA book and in various exhibitions around the country, starting at the Mall Gallery in London.

The winning images and a small selection of the Highly Commended images can be found on the BWPA website


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE


5 comments:

  1. Congrats Matt, and a very well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well-deserved award indeed. Stunning. I'll take a look at the other via your link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt a richly deserved award

    Slightly off topic - all else being equal, would you choose full frame or a cropped sensor for macro work

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Christian and 'Anonymous'! I think there's little to choose between a full frame or cropped sensor for macro work. For a while I had a 5D but on balance I now prefer to use cropped sensors. For a given degree of magnification they obviously result in an object filling a larger proportion of the frame than would be the case with a full frame sensor and at times this can be useful.

    ReplyDelete